(Student Group Regulation)
These rights and responsibilities are established to govern the conduct of all residents and visitors in University Apartments. The student/resident may be held responsible for the actions of his or her spouse, children or visitors, through the Michigan State University judicial system.
The community, through its representative body, the University Apartments Council of Residents (UACOR), establishes this document.
1. All residents living in University Apartments shall enjoy the right to study and live in an environment free from unreasonable noise and other distractions. (Unreasonable noise is that which interferes with the legitimate rights of others.)
2. All residents shall enjoy the right to live in a safe and clean environment.
Responsibilities of each resident to insure this right shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Avoid creating or helping to create a safety hazard. (This includes blocking safety tunnels, sidewalks, or entrances with bikes, motorcycles, toys, clothes lines, etc.)
b. Avoid possessing or using fireworks on University Apartments property.
c. Avoid discharging a firearm on University Apartment property.
d. Park his or her motor vehicles only in the lined parking spaces provided.
e. Keep the area immediately in front of his or her apartment clean, orderly and free from safety hazards.
3. All residents shall enjoy the right to their personal property, and equal access to all property provided by University Apartments for residents.
Responsibilities of each resident to insure this right shall include, but are not limited to the following:
a. Avoid tampering with, or borrowing without permission, the personal property of another.
b. Avoid vandalizing or defacing any University Apartments property. (This includes bulletin boards, flower beds, recreational or playground equipment, etc.)
4. All University Apartments residents shall enjoy the right to live free from harassment, intimidation or assault. (This shall include, but not be limited to, written harassment, physical attack, peeping Toms, harassment by telephone, verbal harassment, etc.)
5. The student/resident shall be held responsible for using all reasonable efforts to monitor the actions of his or her spouse, children, or visitors.
6. Suggestions for modification of this document may be presented to the University Apartments Council of Residents (UACOR) at any time.
(See also: General Student Regulation 2.00, 3.00 and 4.00.)